April 2022 Release Notes for Android 10 Elo Devices
- 5.000.013.0037+p for I-Series 4 Standard, Backpack 4 Standard, M50, M50C
- 5.000.013.0093+v for I-Series 4 Value, Backpack 4 Value
On April 20, 2022, the Elo Android team will release a new OS update for its Android 10 devices. These updates include feature updates and bug fixes that will improve the performance and usability of the device. These updates will be made available on the EloView cloud portal and will be available for download (contact Elo support).
New features and enhancements:
- Added OS360 warranty status under the Device Diagnostics screen of Elo Home and Settings App.
- Added support for Wi-Fi DFS from Android settings and EloView.
- Added support on EloView SDK to wakeup screen.
- Added API support to set and get local content on the device.
- Added API support to launch background activity from foreground service.
- Added API support to set Wi-Fi MAC address as dynamic.
- Added support for MAC randomization. Improvement for MAC randomization features where multiple devices share same MAC Address.
- Improvements to hide to applications on device that are disabled from EloView.
- Improvements to the intent string to support OTA updates from 3rd party management tools.
- Improvements to the power button press functionality to turn the screen off when device is locked.
- Improvements to the video orientation when using Elo Backpack with Edge Connect webcam.
- Improvements to battery indication during charging of Elo Mobile devices.
- Improvement to device first-time set up when connected via LAN.
- Improvements in the Settings App to allow USB port management.
- Improvements on application layouts on Elo Home App screens.
- Fixed the access to settings App from volume panel by adding Elo APIs.
- Improvements to the intent feature of EloScanConfig App to allow customization of fields.