Return and Repair Policy
To request an RMA for products purchased from Elo in Europe or Africa/Middle East, see RMA Instructions.
Return Material Authorization Numbers (RMAs)
- Before a purchaser ships a product back to Elo Touch Solutions, the purchaser must obtain a valid RMA number. Boxes received without an authorized RMA Number will be shipped back.
- Authorized RMA Numbers will expire 45 days after they are issued.
- Only the Elo Touch Solutions product and quantity specified on the original RMA request can be returned with the RMA Number issued.
- – If returning additional products to Elo, a new RMA Number will be required.
- – If we receive a shipment containing products not authorized for return on that RMA Number, we will return them as is.
- Elo Touch Solutions warrants that the product is free from defects in material or workmanship under normal operation.
- Any replacement parts furnished at no cost to the purchaser in fulfillment of this warranty are warranted only for the unexpired portion of the original warranty. Any services or repair outside the scope of this limited warranty shall be at Elo’s rates and terms then in effect.
- Normal “Wear and Tear” as determined by Elo Touch Solutions, is NOT covered by this warranty.
- Standard products deemed defective within the first 30 days of the warranty period are eligible for Warranty Replacement. As soon as the purchaser notifies us of a defective product, we will ship a new unit to the purchaser by surface freight at Elo’s expense. We will charge the purchaser’s account or credit card for the new unit and issue a full refund once we receive the original unit from the purchaser.
- After 30 days, standard products returned for in-warranty repair are NOT eligible for Warranty Replacement.
- Custom products are not eligible for Warranty Replacement.
- Elo Touch Solutions does not provide loaner units.
- Elo Touch Solutions does not warrant the model life of monitors. Elo’s suppliers may at any time make changes in the monitors delivered as products or components.
- Elo is not responsible for damages outside of Elo’s control including, but not limited to, physical damage, modifications to the product, or improper packaging.
- Only materials purchased with Elo’s Advance Unit Replacement Program are eligible for advance replacement.
- Approved RMA’s issued by 12:00pm Pacific Time will ship same day. RMAs issued after 12:00pm Pacific Time will ship the next business day.
- Replacements are shipped standard delivery for the next business day (no Saturday or early AM delivery).
- Elo will pay for the return of the defective material.
- Replacement material may be refurbished and are warranted only for the unexpired portion of the original warranty or 90 days (which ever is greater).
- Warranty exclusions include, but are not limited to, physical damage, modifications to the product, or improper packaging.
- If a touchmonitor is out-of-warranty, Elo will charge a flat rate fee for the evaluation and repair of product based on model. Prior to proceeding with the repair of a product that is out-of-warranty, Elo will send the purchaser a cost proposal that must be signed for acceptance and returned.
- Electing not to have Elo repair the product, the product will be returned to you as is.
- Elo only issues credit for materials purchased directly from Elo.
- To receive credit where applicable for standard product, the product must be in resalable condition. We will make that determination after evaluating the returned product.
- Elo may refuse all or partial credit for any of the following conditions:
- – Improper installation or testing
- – Failure to provide a suitable operating environment
- – Use of the product for purposes other than those for which it was designed
- – Failure to monitor or operate the product in accordance with applicable seller specifications and good industry practice
- – Unauthorized attachment, removal, or alteration of any part of the product
- – Unusual mechanical, physical, or electrical stress, scratches, or dents
- – Modifications or repairs done by parties other than the seller
- – Abuse, misuse, neglect, or accidental damage
- – Failure to return units with the complete accessory kit originally supplied. For touch computers, this includes the serialized operating system CD’s.
- Elo is under NO obligation to accept RMA’s for wrongly ordered goods. Elo MAY consider exceptions based on individual situations, a minimum 15% and up to 40% restocking fee will apply. Products beyond 4 (four) months in age are not eligible for consideration.
- If within 7 days of product receipt the purchaser notifies Elo that the product is defective, damaged or if Elo shipped the wrong product, we may waive the restocking fee.
- The RMA Number must appear on the outside of the carton(s) in BOLD print. Any product returned without a valid RMA Number will be returned to the sender.
- Return products to the address provided on your RMA authorization form.
- Elo Touch Solutions recommends returning products by United Parcel Service, Federal Express, DHL, or another reputable freight forwarder.
- Touchmonitors 26” and larger should be returned on a pallet to prevent damage.
- To avoid damage, separate the monitor’s detachable stand, if any, for shipment.
- Controllers MUST be returned in anti-static bags. If they are not, Elo Touch Solutions will consider them damaged and ship them back to the sender, as is, with no credit issued or repair attempted.
- To avoid voiding the warranty, use Elo Touch Solutions or equivalent packaging to return a product. This includes complete packaging, high-density foam and/or cardboard separators
- The customer prepays all inbound freight charges for both in-warranty and out-of-warranty repairs. Elo Touch Solutions is not responsible for damage during shipment. We recommend that you insure the shipment.
- Elo Touch Solutions will pay for surface/ground return freight only, for warranty repairs. If you require overnight or other special requirements for expedited shipment, these will be at the purchaser’s expense. Please provide your preferred carrier and account number.
- If the purchaser receives the original product in damaged condition, notify RMA Services immediately. If the shipment was made by an Elo “prepay and add freight” service, Elo will help the purchaser process the damage claim.
- If the original freight charges were paid in advance—by freight collect or other means—notify the carrier immediately to initiate a claims inspection. Elo RMA Services will provide assistance, as necessary, to process the freight claim.
- If your returns/repair shipment to Elo is received in damaged condition, Elo will notify the purchaser. The purchaser will need to notify the carrier immediately to initiate a claims inspection. Elo RMA Services will provide assistance, as necessary, to process the freight claim.
Warranty Repair & Replacements
Advance Unit Replacements
Out of Warranty Repair Services
Returns for Credit
Labeling and Address
Freight Claims and Shipment Damage
Reference: QM419001 REV L