October 2021 Release Notes for Android 10 Elo Devices
- 5.000.007.0001+p for I-Series 4 Standard, Backpack 4 Standard, M50, M50C
- 5.6.87+v for I-Series 4 Value, Backpack 4 Value
On October 7th, 2021, Elo released an OS update for its Android 10 devices. This update includes security updates, feature updates, and bug fixes that will improve the performance and usability of the device. These updates will be made available on the EloView cloud portal and will be available for download (contact Elo support).
New features and enhancements:
- Added support to Peripheral Test and Barcode Scanner applications.
- Added support to control USB Ports on AOSP devices.
- Added support to list details of peripherals connected to Edge Connect ports of the device.
- Added the ability to install apps from SD card and USB stick within Elo Home app.
- Added Proxy auto-config capability with LAN.
- Added capability to enroll device using Google GMS enrollment while still allowing for EloView connectivity and management.
- Added admin rights to make changes to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi status within Elo Home App.
- Added the ability to enable and disable Home and Power button from EloView portal.
- Enhancement to UI elements to certain screens.
- Enhancements to EloView Home SDK.
- Enhancements to support Wi-Fi and wired LAN connections concurrently.
- Updated the OS version format of the device.
- Added Elo Payment App as part of the standard OS build.
- Improved the display orientation settings when connected to an external display.