October 2023 Release Notes for Android 7.1 and 8.1 Elo Devices
- 3.64.87 for I-Series 2.0, PayPoint® 2.0, Backpack® 2.0
- 4.64.80+a for I-Series 3.0 AOSP, PayPoint® 3.0 AOSP, Backpack® 3.0 AOSP
On October 23rd, 2023, Elo will release a new OS update for Android 7.1 and 8.1 AOSP devices. This update includes feature enhancements and bug fixes that will improve the performance and usability of Android 7.1 and 8.1 AOSP devices. This update will be available for download on the EloView cloud portal as a dropdown OTA and will become the default OTA download on EloView as of October 30th. Updates will additionally be available via EloViewHome SDK. Please reach out to your Elo support contact for any additional questions or to get access to a direct download of this update.
New features and enhancements:
- Resolved an issue where customer application crashes caused “Content Failed to Load” message on the screen.
- Resolved an issue where virtual keyboard would unexpectedly pop up after a device reboot.
- Resolved an issue where USB ports on devices were shutting down causing peripherals to be disconnected because of incorrect data in the database.
- Resolved an issue where device was booting up in Elo Android Home instead of EloView mode after an OTA update.
- Resolved an issue where android application was not installed on devices from EloView portal.
- Enhanced security by removing outdated DST Root CA X3 certificates.
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.