Elo Android 8 July 2022 Release Notes
- 4.60.24 for I-Series 3.0, PayPoint 3.0, Backpack 3.0
On July 19th, 2022, Elo released a new OS update for Android 8.1 GMS devices. This update includes feature enhancements and bug fixes that improves the performance and usability of Android 8.1 GMS devices. This update is available for download on the EloView cloud portal as a dropdown OTA and default OTA download. Please reach out to your Elo support contact for any additional questions or to get access to a direct download of this update.
New features and enhancements:
- Fixed an issue where the full report generated showed account default content under the currently playing application instead of the actual content being played.
- Fixed an issue where the scheduled OTA failed to launch because of the mismatch in AM and PM of the time.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases an OTA update caused device to factory reset.
- Fixed an issue where the Ethernet Proxy auto-config (PAC) option was not working.
- Fixed an issue where increase in file descriptors caused some applications to crash when the application showed toast messages.
- A change was made in the behavior of the back button when interactive overlay is enabled from EloView to Navigates screens of default content without going back from default content main screen.
- Added the ability to restrict content downgrade from EloView portal.
- Fixed an issue where some devices lost connection from payment devices after an OTA update.
- Implemented a check for the revision ID for Application enforcement to prevent unnecessary downloads of apk that are already installed on the system.
- Fixed an issue where some of the Backpack devices did not play content after deployment.
- Fixed an issue where the content failed to load due to mismatch of the actual status of installed application.
- Fixed an issue where EloView showed incorrect information on the content being played on the device.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases it was unable to change orientation of device from EloView portal.
- Added support for TeamViewer unattended mode.
- Added API support to the EloViewHome SDK for the below:
- To set the device owner
- To remove the device owner
- To get the status of the device
- To turn on and off the screen
- To set Idle mode
- To auto allow USB Permissions
- To do silent shut down
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.