EloView® Major Feature Release
- 3.22.35 for I-Series 2.0, PayPoint Plus for Android, PayPoint for Android Rev. B
- 1.18.65 for I-Series 1.0
The EloView product team is excited to announce a feature update to EloView. We will release this update on March 6, 2018 and there will be no downtime associated with this update. Summary of updates below.
You can now update certain device settings for all devices in an account, accessible via the Account Settings page available under the Accounts tab. Any changes made to the Details and Settings page will be applied to all the devices and groups associated with that account. This setting can be powerful in initial setup – but users should keep in mind that it has the ability to overwrite existing settings.
Billing account, Billing Address and Promo Code
Three new fields have been added to the Accounts page for better tracking of subscriptions. If you use a different email address for billing, (e.g., a Value Added Reseller, an Installer or even a separate billing department within the company) can input this email address so that subscriptions purchased can be allocated appropriately to your account.
Disable Wi-Fi from cloud
You can now disable device Wi-Fi settings from the cloud. We recommend connecting the device to LAN while enabling/ disabling Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is enabled by default and disabling Wi-Fi will turn off the Wi-Fi settings in device and hide the Wi-Fi details on device settings page. This state will persist through reboots, however performing an Enterprise Reset (formerly called Data Reset) will enable Wi-Fi. After an Enterprise Reset, as the device synchronizes settings with the cloud, a Wi-Fi disable will be re-applied unless the setting was changed on the cloud.
Enhanced Device-side APIs – Making Complex Deployments Easy!
You can now programmatically access device name and address from your application using the getDeviceInfo method. This API is applicable to 1.0 and 2.0 devices. This is the beginning of a new set of features aimed at making large deployments consistent and reliable. With a carefully chosen device naming scheme and logic in the content application, you can avoid creation of multiple binaries or settings files. More information on this is in Developer Zone at www.eloview.com. Look for more EloView enhancements in 2018 in this area!
Additional Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- You can now choose to disable screenshots, via Device Details page. This feature is also applicable to groups and filters.
- You can now add a custom NTP URL to synchronize the device clock, rather than the default NTP server. This action can be taken on a device, a saved filter or a group. Adding or removing an NTP URL will reboot the device.
- EloView Kiosk browser now opens any links that specify “new window” or “new tab” within the same window in order to maintain kiosk mode.
- Fixed an issue where, increase in log size caused device to crash. The fix will make sure that only last three unsuccessful logs are kept on device and others are deleted. Also logs will be maintained to a certain size limit rather than a time-based limit (72 hours) previously.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, the primary app in a bundle holding multiple apps would fail to install, if a previous version of that primary app already existed on the device.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, out-of-box PayPoint 2.0 units would crash upon connecting to WiFi.
- Fixed a touch sensitivity issue where, which affected some PayPoint Plus for Android units.
Method of Distribution and Timing
We will release this update on March 6, 2018. On this date, device side OTA will be available as an option in Advanced OTA. This release will become the default to update from the device control panel on March 13, 2018. There is no downtime associated with this update.
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel. You can still use prior versions via Advanced OTA.