EloView® Major Feature Release
- 3.26.55 for I-Series 2.0, Elo Backpack, PayPoint for Android (Rev B and Plus)
- 1.26.14 for I-Series 1.0 – Security updates and bug fixes only
The EloView product team is excited to announce a major feature release. This update adds a variety of new enterprise-focused features to EloView.
- Single-sign on integration
- Deployment Automation (Phase 3) – Custom key-value pairs
- Device Control Panel access restrictions
- Delayed Content Deployment
- A variety of other enhancements and bug-fixes
Method of Distribution and Timing
This update will be available to apply via Advanced OTA on June 26, 2018 and will become the default to update from the device control panel on July 3, 2018. There is no downtime associated with this update. As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.
Detailed Feature Description
We are excited to integrate SAML, an open standard for Single Sign On (SSO), with EloView portal from this release. This extends the accessibility of EloView portal for enterprise customers within their SSO portal – through popular SSO platforms. SSO is disabled by default, and can be enabled by your account administrator in the account settings page. For accessing through your SSO Dashboard, a custom URL unique to your organization is provided in the Account Settings page.
Zero Touch deployment – Phase 3
You can now create custom fields (key/ value pair) for each device in your EloView account – and access these fields via your app on the device through the Elo SDK. This feature takes the Elo SDK to the next level. It will allow your app to self-configure based on parameters you specify in EloView (such as “Pilot” vs “Production” or an A/B test), eliminating the need to create multiple app versions or custom settings files.
Device Control Panel Access Restrictions
You can now set up two levels of access on the device control panel. Two levels of access can be set up with two passwords – “Control Panel Password” as it exists today and “Access Restricted Password”. On the device control panel, if a user types in an “Access Restricted Password,” the user will not have access to OS Upgrade, Apps tab and Advanced Android Settings. Administrators may wish to use this feature to provide access to local users and installers while limiting risks to device settings, content or updates.
Delayed Content Deployment
You can now choose a time when content is deployed to the device. A new field in device/group/filter settings page allows selection of a time when content can be applied to a device. When this option is enabled, a content drag-and-drop will not be executed in real-time and will be scheduled for the time specified in device settings. The status will be shown on the content page with a “clock” icon indicating a scheduled content setting.
Other Improvements and Bug-fixes
- Reboot timers are now available in Account Settings, in addition to device and group settings.
- Elo Peripheral Test App is now available on all Elo Android (1.0 and 2.0) devices.
- You can now generate a device log with long press of the Power button or via “Take Bug Report” option in Android Settings. This feature is available in EloView mode or Android Home mode, on all Elo Android (1.0 and 2.0) devices.
- You can now control screen orientation for the Backpack remotely via the web portal.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, proxy settings did not apply correctly when used in conjunction with static IP on ethernet.
- Fixed the audio distortion issue on text-to-speech.